After competing in British Formula Ford, Formula 3 and Formula 3000 Mark Webber made his Formula 1 debut in 2002 with Minardi. His first race was a home one at the Australian Grand Prix and following a dramatic season opener he placed fifth, earning Minardi their first points in three years.
He certainly made a name for himself in the sport and soon signed to Jaguar Racing before moving onto to the historic team of Williams in 2005. It was in 2007 that Webber signed with the infamous Red Bull team, and with them he achieved his first Formula 1 win, at the German Grand Prix in 2009, after beating his teammate Sebastian Vettel to the top spot.
Across his 12-year career in Formula 1 Mark Webber competed in 215 races, earned 42 podiums, 9 wins and 19 fastest laps. He also has victories at the prestigious Monaco Grand Prix and the British Grand Prix, so he will certainly be able to give our guests some great insights to the Silverstone Circuit.
- Former F1 driver with Minardi, Jaguar, Williams and Red Bull
- First Grand Prix win - German Grand Prix 2009
- British Grand Prix Winner 2010 and 2012
- Monaco Grand Prix Winner 2010 and 2012
- 9 race wins across a glittering 12 year F1 career