We are very proud to announce that we’ve recently signed a new sponsorship deal with leading flat racing jockey Ben Curtis. With over 1,000 race wins to his name, Ben is one of the best in the business and we’re thrilled to be working with him.
Not only does working with Ben provide us with a fantastic partnership, but his knowledge and experience as one of the top jockeys around at the moment will offer unique insight for our Green Room guests at events such as the Epsom Derby Festival.
Since moving from Ireland to England in 2014, Ben has risen impressively through the racing ranks and has already chalked up victories at revered racecourses such as Sandown, Newmarket, and Ascot.
Here are some of his key stats:
- Only started riding aged 13
- Won the Derrinstown Rookie of the Year Award in his first season in 2006
- Rode over 100 winners for the first time in 2018 with a strike rate of 17%
- In 2020, Curtis rode an astonishing 170 winners with Hollie Doyle next in line with 151
Notable Race Wins:
- The Atlanta Stakes – Sandown, 2015
- Bet365 Challenge Cup (Heritage Handicap) – Ascot, 2019
- Zabeel Turf – Meydan, 2020
- Duchess of Cambridge Stakes – Newmarket, 2020
With more quality rides coming his way, Ben is a serious contender and with 39 wins already to his name this year* (at a strike rate of 22%), many are tipping him for another big race victory soon.
*information correct as of 30.5.22
Credit – @NigelKirbyPhotography